Monday, March 16, 2009

Funny how Life Is

Today I had a former House Representative in to my class along with a former RNC Chair. They were great. The kids loved it! They asked a million questions and three of them followed the Representative all the way to our lunch, at which point I had to say, you're not invited to this lunch, go away. They talked about great political stuff - in fact they reinforced so much of what I teach about politics I felt that my credibility probably went up in the minds of students.

I was feeling a bit - I don't know, hinky - about having blasted Republicans in my last post and then these two great guys come in to my class and do a great job. I compare them to a couple of pricky Democrats I have had in my classes and I think - well, maybe I disagree with most of the policies but individually and personally they aren't going to hell. Sometimes in the heat of AIG stuff and Rush Limbaugh stuff I lose my head a little.

1 comment:

Just Casi said...

I've always known you were smart.