Sunday, February 06, 2011

Lily and the Camera


Every once in a while - okay maybe once a day - the Princess grabs the camera and starts shooting. As I am not one to censor artistic freedom, being a big supporter of the first amendment, I let her go. I love to see the pictures she takes. Over the months she has developed a kind of artistic sense - used to be all thumbs and fingers but now she arranges objects for portraits.

A favorite subject is toys - any toy. Here she has placed Bert in the car wash. I kind of like the look on his face.


But what I find most interesting is that I see the world from her perspective. Below she's in the kitchen taking a picture of Paul at the computer. It never occurred to me until I saw this how intrusive into her sight line the peninsula in our kitchen is. Just look at that counter jutting out. I used to giggle when she'd go around it about three feet away, but now I realize why.


No comments: