Monday, July 18, 2011

Next Generation

How many times at Sacandaga have I dug a huge hole? I think I may have stopped doing so about 25 years ago but I did again this summer. Why? Because I brought my kids to Sacandaga and they dug a huge hole.

We are now on the third generation of kids at Sacandaga - my dad started when he was 2 or 3, I started when I was nine or ten months, and both Elizabeth and David were there before they were one. The best thing about it is that pictures like this look exactly the same - there's some of my Dad and some of me and now some of them - doing the exact same things.

While the world changes - Elizabeth listens to an iPod and I listened to CDs and Dad listened to vinyl - what children love to do does not change at all - digging huge holes in the sand, just because you can.

No comments: