Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Head Cold

Well it has happened. After an entire school year of no colds at all I have been nailed, just as spring begins, with a nasty head cold. It has decided to settle in my throat - which is better than my chest, I assure you, I know - and make me pretty much mute. It's an interesting problem to have when one is a professor in the last weeks of class with a million things to tell students about - they can't hear me or understand me, but I soldier on acting as though my voice were perfect.

And - I am supposed to do a reading in my stepbrother's wedding this weekend - I am so hoping the frog has vacated by then or at least I am more understandable.

2 comments:

Eris said...

I DID. NOT. DO. THIS.

The Numismatist said...

ahh, but you sound so sexy in that hoarse, throaty voice.