Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Mother Visit

For the first time in a week both our kids slept through the night - there was no 3am poop fest in the crib and no 230am toddler visit who wants to "sleep" in our bed. I kind of woke up at 5am and thought, phew, I got a full night's sleep and now I can snuggle in for another 45 minutes with the hubby until the day starts.

The phone rings. My mother has locked the keys in the car she borrowed from us with the car running down at the hotel she is staying at. My wonderful husband climbs out of bed, drives through a random spring blizzard down to the hotel to let her in to the car.

Does anyone still wonder why we live in Utah?

3 comments:

Scott said...

You know, if you'd let her sleep in your house, this wouldn't have happened. :P

Unknown said...

Seriously. But we only have one bathroom right now so it would have been a little tight. :)

Eris said...

AAHHH! That is one great story.