Monday, May 22, 2006

Conspiracy Theories

Are we all in a Mel Gibson movie?

My husband (high school lacrosse coach) was told to chew out a program designer for forgetting to put the name of one his players into the all-star program. My friend (county party secretary) was told that it was interesting that the only mistakes made in a party list was in favor of his opponent. In both cases I thought, are you the center of the universe? I mean, how self-centered do you need to be to be convinced that if someone forgot your name or a mistake was made it must have been made in order to screw you? On purpose. Long ago (like, I don't know, 9th grade) I realized that not everyone was thinking about me whenever they did anything and little mistakes ceased to bother me.

So here's a thought. You are probably the center of a conspiracy plot if you are the president, the NSA, whatever. Probably not if you are a high school lacrosse player or a candidate in a po-dunk election. Try to get some perspective.

No comments: