Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Fat One in the Room

I have begun my exercising regime to accompany my diet regime in the hopes that by the end of the summer I'll actually be someone that doesn't deserve her own zip code. Toward that end I began cardio-kickboxing tonight. There are always mirrors everywhere in these rooms. Now, twelve years ago when I did aerobics, I didn't mind the mirrors. I was hot. I was skinny, but not grossly skinny, healthy skinny. I liked to watch myself work out. And I would pity the women in the room who were fat. Tonight, I could not bear to look at myself in the mirror and as I glanced around (between almost having a heart attack and almost throwing up -- how many friggin' sit ups are we doing anyway?!?) I realized, I was the fat woman to be pitied. I am now the fat one in the room. Can I email somehow my 21 year old self and say DON'T LET IT GO TO CRAP!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's metabolism, sweetie.

I promise.

Unknown said...

I wish we could eat a lot of candy and that would cause our metabolism to go up. Smile. Why can't metabolism work that way???