Thursday, August 09, 2007

Will I Ever Not be Homesick??

Two weeks ago I gave birth to my daughter, Elizabeth. My parents came out and spent the last two weeks with me and my new family and helped very much. My stepmother changed her diapers more than anyone in the house and made all of her bottles and gave her generally much love and kisses. My father didn't change a single diaper but he did much tummy time playing with Elizabeth and generally gave her much cuddling.

Tonight they left and I started to cry - again. I cry whenever my dad leaves me. The first time I spent a week at St. Lawrence University, when I left for college - every time, when I moved to Utah, and now, when he's leaving me and my daughter. I am homesick. I want to move to New York and live right down the street from my dad. In these moments of weakness I very much want to move home. I will be over it by tomorrow and I will love my Utah home again and there will be no question I want to stay here...but now, I am crying.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, goodness sweetie. I don't know what to say.

We're just down the street. We're not blood relation, but we're family.

The Numismatist said...

The fact that there are people who love you here is probably not much consolation, especially at this parting. Being a new parent (and grandparent) makes saying goodbyes incredibly difficult.

Keep thinking "October" and take lots of photos! Little ones change daily!

Eris said...

I have been sending psychic hugs since Thursday night. We love you!!