Friday, January 16, 2009

Still Sick

Here I am at work - grading and getting my office ready for a semester of scholarship.

Tangent alert - when I started my literature review for my dissertation, I spent 2 weeks organizing my home office. I cannot actually do any research until the fung shui is right in the place where I do research. I am decluttered now and I believe that my little ivory tower is ready for me to write and research and think and generally be brilliant.

Now that I am ready - the scholarship starts Monday (or Tuesday since Monday is a holiday and seriously I need a holiday (???) - and I have a map (plan) for how to get a bunch done this semester. Pretty cool!

But I am still sick - head is hazy and student queries are in a fog. I told one student today, I said send me an email about what we just talked about because I promise I will forget. And now I can't remember who it was or what and the student hasn't sent an email yet. Oh - and - I FORGOT the vice president elect's name yesterday. Clearly I need this cold to be gone.

2 comments:

athena said...

I think the VP elect is an adult film star, right?

Unknown said...

LOL - have you seen him? Seriously...smile...