Monday, January 04, 2010

Day Care

These are my two babies. I left the younger one in institutional day care today and the older one starts tomorrow. I hate that I am paying someone to take care of them. But, I loved being back at work. All my synapses started firing on all cylinders. I enjoyed the repartee with the Methods kids who all think I am going to kill them. I enjoyed being on campus and the buzz that being a professor has. So, my children will survive day care. They might even enjoy the socialization they get from it. They will probably be better for it. And the teacher the Princess has and the nurse the Prince has will probably give them some good love.

And I will hate that they are being taken care of by someone else. But I will love that they have a Momma who is the breadwinner.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I was about the Princess's age (or younger), I was left w/ a wonderful, grandmotherly woman who let me help her bake, pick crab apples out of her back yard, and play "dress up" with blankets (I would be Ginger in a slinky chenille pink blanket wrapped around me).

I got lots of love and attention. (I'm relatively adjusted ... hahahaha).

Oh ... and she had a scarecrow in her garage (back corner, in the dark). I would *never* go into the garage without an adult. It scared the bejeesus out of me.

My mom later said that she was a better mom because she had a work outlet. She knew that she would not be a good stay-at-home mom (and this was the 60's).