Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Rediscovered Music

I was sifting through my husband's cds (no we have not mixed them, although we have thrown away duplicates, who knows what will happen if we divorce...you get the dogs, I get the U2 cd...) and found Third Eye Blind. Oh my, how much I loved this music when I was writing my dissertation. I used to listen to it over and over on my old 90lb laptop. And somehow it ended up in Paul's cd collection. Anyway, I have put it on my ipod and now I am listening and listening and listening.

My particular fave is In the Background which played on Buffy quite a bit the season after she killed Angel, it was her I am missing Angel song. And then there's I Want You, which is pure sex. It's one of those songs I've wanted to have playing over and over while making love (it's never happened, I've just wanted it to). And Motorcycle Drive By is ... can't verbalize it.

Music is specifically linked to my soul in ways I can't describe and when I rediscover a song that meant a lot to me or I listened to a particular summer all the thoughts I had return. So much of what I think about and do is analytic and cerebral and music's effect is so visceral. Thank God I found this cd again.

What else is hiding in Paul's collection? Let's go exploring....

No comments: