Friday, March 02, 2007

Could this Cold Last Any Longer?

Two and a half weeks ago my very good friend decided to give me his nasty cold. As I am currently carrying a parasite that I would rather not see harmed, I cannot take any medicine for this nasty cold. So I have been eating many oranges, drinking much juice, and generally hacking my way through the days.

To add insult to injury, God has been dumping snowfall after snowfall on us. I can't even get out in some fresh air to try to clear up this cold. I am trapped indoors with many sick people in this germ factory!

But in the grand scheme of things, life is good. I was told I was making good progress toward tenure, yeah. I was told my little parasite is growing well and should make its appearance August 14th (as both Paul and I are born in August, on the 21st and the 28th respectively, we feel very strongly about the numerology), yeah. My mother is planning to move to Utah so that we don't have to pay for parasite care in the years to come, yeah.

All is good. And it is Lent, so um, good for that too.

No comments: