Friday, February 23, 2007

Jeesh It's February

Well I just turned around and it is February. February! When did January end? And how is there less than a week left in February? I have so much work to do.

When I was 14 years old I was in the ninth grade. Generally my grades averaged around 95/100, which is not bad. The fourth quarter of my ninth grade year I was playing softball, running track, cheerleading, doing the school newspaper, playing in the high school band, taking religious education, and going to school taking a full honors courseload. I hit a wall. A serious wall. I earned an 88 that quarter, lowest gpa of my high school career, and other than my bulemic semester in college, the lowest gpa of my life. I learned that I couldn't do everything. There just was not enough time. I was exhausted. I was miserable. And I figured out that the amazing Duchess could only truly juggle so many balls. Unfortunately the lesson was forgotten in the years since as I have piled more and more upon myself.

I am doing too much. I am saying yes too often. I am underappreciated for some of the things I am doing very well and I am doing some other things not well at all because I am doing too much. I would say I am currently earning an 88 in my life when I average a 95. The excess baggage will be cut this year, partly because of the parasite I am carrying who will require I earn a 110 for him or her, and partly because I have a constant migraine from this wall I am forever slamming into.

What should go? Should I make a list and then cross off the players that have no value? How does someone who has always done it all stop?

No comments: