Friday, April 13, 2007

April Sucks

I really hate April.

Being a professor, or basically having a life that will always be a college schedule, means that certain times of the year are ruined by your job. You have a roller coaster job that is busy, extremely busy, at certain times of the year. And you don't get to go home at 5pm just because it's 5pm.

April is the last month of the school year. As I look at my calendar I have meetings, dinners, lunches, banquets, grading, final exams to write, student feathers to smooth...insanity insanity insanity. Thanksgiving is almost as bad and the week before my birthday (which is right around the first day of classes usually) ranks up there too (meaning my job has forever ruined my birthday). But April is terrible.

I will completely collapse in May. Not talk to anyone, not think about anything, and enter my own private ivory tower to work on my research (the reason I got into this gig in the first place).

2 weeks to go.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen, sistah!