Friday, October 19, 2007

At a Conference

I am currently in a hotel in Denver, Colorado attending a conference with a colleague. I am really enjoying this conference. Last night I heard Benjamin Barber give a keynote that was a rousing call to action for all professors.

Am I stimulated by this conference? Yes. Am I getting a lot out of it? Yes. But what am I thinking of? The Princess.

One would think I would be thrilled to have my first full night of uninterrupted sleep since July. Wrong. One would think I'd like not having to change diapers. Wrong.

I want to go home. I want to cuddle my baby. I want to help my husband give her a bath. How things have changed...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should call Carl. He's going to be in Denver tomorrow.

Eris said...

Oh, dear. You'll get used to this time away. But it will make it that much better when you get home!

Stan said...

I wish I had checked your blog this weekend. Tiff and I could have met you for lunch, dinner, etc. (if you weren't meeting w/ pol. scientists).

Best,
Joe