Friday, October 12, 2007

Neurologist

Yesterday I got in for a last minute neurology appointment. The guy was very nice, very soft spoken - you know, one of those low talkers. He proceeded to put me through the Bourne Identity quiz. Remember these four things, now tell them to me backwards. About 3 sets of those. Then I had to memorize four objects. Then he said...and here's where even I beat Jason Bourne...recite in reverse order all of the presidents you can remember. HA! Here's a thing my brain, even in its downest of times should be able to handle. So off I go, listing presidents, I hit Cleveland and the doctor was like, most people only get to Ford. He looks in my eyes. Makes me squeeze things and follow his finger. And then he says, you know when you are over 30 these things happen. Over 30?!? Now I am definitely too old to breathe!!! God.

I was kind of hoping I'd get a prescription that said I didn't have to wake up with the baby anymore. Then last night I was up until 130am and up again this am at 8am. How much of an intervention do I need before I start to behave???

1 comment:

Eris said...

Over 30?!?!?! Well, at least you don't need glasses...

PS - I can get back to Hoover, then it gets fuzzy.