Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Things to think about this weekend...
  1. The Duke played lacrosse with his high school players - and then realized he's actually old, although still faster than most of his players. He thinks he broke a rib.
  2. The Duke rode his first horse - which is the horse they use for the four year olds to learn on - and he was very cute all slumped over trying desperately not to fall off at the slowest gait the horse could go.
  3. We had family over last night for a fun fun bbq - our Utah family who so kindly adopted us giving the Princess all sorts of fun cousins.
  4. Syracuse won the lacrosse national championship - and now that I am married to a lacrosse aficionado I actually enjoy watching lacrosse.
  5. We're having friends over tonight for a bbq - my pal who is super savvy on interior design is going to help me unfrump my common spaces (I have enough skill to know it's not good but not enough skill to achieve goodness - my music is generally at this level as well)
  6. My head exploded today when the lame little one penny printer Apple gave me when I bought this damn iMac refused to print - I mean, seriously, isn't the point of a printer to print? It seems to me that if you are taking 10 pages to print incorrectly one page while your test page prints perfectly - then you are a shitty printer.
  7. I went to the grocery store and used the self-check out - which always reminds me of my first career as a cashier at the Price Chopper during which I excelled at the items scanned contest.
  8. I am remembering my family who have preceded me into whatever happens next and hoping they won't travel too far down that path that I can't find them when it's my turn.

1 comment:

Just Casi said...

It's always good to have a reminder of how old we get and what we can and can no longer do.