Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Redux

A million years ago in an entirely different life - the Duchess was a photojournalist (she even has a degree in newspaper journalism from a top notch university to prove that original dream).
As things go - this dream was replaced by a bigger and better dream - to be a college professor. Neither career would ever pay 6 figures - which is an indicator of her total lack of commitment to capitalism or her total idiocy. Sometimes I think somewhere in some alternative universe there is a Duchess running around taking pictures of people and telling their story. I remember wishing/hoping there'd be a major war so I could be a war reporter - so maybe in some alternate universe the Duchess has just been shot...

Anyway - today I bought a real camera - not a point and click - but a real camera. I can feel some old muscles revving up and some old skill sets coming back to the fore. Pretty soon I'll be looking for a dark room and some film...

3 comments:

The Numismatist said...

Photos! I want to see photos!

Muriel said...

Ooh what kind of camera did you get? Numi helped me pick out my Nikon a year ago. Love it.

gog said...

Nikon D60 - it is AWESOME!