Friday, September 11, 2009

Fun Driving

I am huge. My stomach is ginormous and I have a baby inside who moves all over the place all the time. Today I had to drive to the doctor's office to have blood drawn (2nd time this week, 4th time this month) to see if I'm dying yet. I had to drive the little Mazda Protege with its steering wheel that won't move and it's standard transmission so I have to be close enough to push in the clutch and its low to the ground seat. It took forever to get in and maneuver my belly around and under the damn wheel. Then I'm driving and the baby is moving and kicking because he's uncomfortable with the wheel intruding in his space. Then I get to the office and can't get out of the damn car because I have no stomach muscles and can't pull myself up.

Then I get blood drawn and have to do the whole thing all over again. Next vehicle we buy will be a huge, automatic, gas guzzling pick up truck...

5 comments:

Scott said...

Pickups can be difficult to get INTO. Easy to fall out of, though!

'boo said...

That sucks! (But I do have to admit that i giggled just a little at the pipsqueek freaking out that his space was invaded.)

The Numismatist said...

All the more reason to get this show on the road!

Just Casi said...

Aah. You couldn't get into a truck!
Just get a sensible "mormon-mobile".
HA!!

Unknown said...

Update - I was dying and went into the hospital the next morning at the Godawful hour of 545am and had a baby...so that's good. I fit in the Protege again...