Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Home Visit

Elizabeth's teachers from pre-school came for a home visit tonight. They were supposed to arrive at 615pm. I fed her (why oh why did I not think about this more carefully) applesauce, corn and spaghettios at about 515pm. She decides to drop the spaghettios on the floor (have you ever dropped a bottle of beer on the floor just to watch the physics of how beer flies everywhere out of a bottle?) and they went EVERYWHERE. I mean, everywhere. Now, I am 9 days away from having a baby, huge, and haven't been able to bend over without falling down in weeks. I am mopping the floor, cleaning up spaghettios and picking up corn and wiping applesauce off the wall because the teachers are coming. She also got spaghettios on her Ted - which meant he had to be cleaned, which meant she complained he was wet.

Her teachers call at 545pm and say, can we come early, how about 5 minutes? I say, sure. I am dripping sweat, washing dishes feverishly so that my kitchen is clean. They arrive and I'm flush and hot and sweaty. My favorite way to receive callers.

But it was wonderful - they were very sweet and Elizabeth was so happy to have them. She showed them all her stuff and explained that Ted was wet because he was left out in the rain from the sky. She cried a little when they left, which I saw as a really good sign she likes them and they are very good.

Now I need to go pass out but I can't because I still have to get her ready for bed...smile...

2 comments:

Eris said...

We have a home visit for Littlest Ms. Eris next Wednesday. I doubt my kitchen will be clean.

Anonymous said...

t's such a great site. imaginary, extraordinarily intriguing!!!

-------

[url=http://oponymozgowe.pl]Opony[/url]
[url=http://pozycjonowanie.lagata.pl]Pozycjonowanie[/url]

[url=http://nanoprojekt.pl/zdrowie,i,uroda/opony,s,10553/]opony[/url]