Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine's Day

I generally do not care about these Hallmark holidays. Valentine's Day is a day I always had a date on but I do not care to get gifts or cards or anything for this stuff. I think you get stuff for Christmas, Easter and your birthday. Three major annual events is good enough for adults.

For children, however, I have always believed I would be the kind of mother who would do neat things on these dates. And so I find myself, at my scrapping group, realizing that Valentine's Day is one of those damn days that children care about. They have these swanky Valentines they've worked on and prepared for - and I'm all, what? When is Valentine's Day? What?

So this year, the Princess and I will be making cookies for her class to compensate for the lame Disney Princess and Cars valentines we will be handing out. Next year, by God, I will start making her Valentines in October. They will sing and dance and bling like nothing you have ever seen!

Momhood - 1, the Duchess - 0

3 comments:

'boo said...

And this is why i love you.

The Numismatist said...

You should do that. Once.

noelle willes sadler said...

smile... you are awesome!