Thursday, July 27, 2006

the Duchess has Been Silent

For a week no less. Nothing to say. I wonder if I am wandering around with static in my brain that I have nothing to post. I'll post about last night.

Last night I went to watch my trophy husband play lacrosse (my good friends went with me and we were so loud this dude next to us just kept laughing). He is very good, All-American (2 times, Division 1A), playing on a team with a bunch of guys who are from Utah. Just in case you didn't know, lacrosse is a French word for an Iroquois Native game. The Iroquois are the native people who lived in New York and Canada before we arrived and stole their land (do you have a flag?...oop, Eddie Izzard digression). They used lacrosse to settle differences, so instead of blowing up your neighbors, you'd take a stick and a ball and try to get said ball into a goal (while beating the crap out of each other with a stick). Wouldn't it be nice if Israel and Lebanon and Palestine played lacrosse? So much easier for Condi, I would think. Anyway, lacrosse is huge in the East. Many many people play it. It is slowly making its way West as more Easterners come out here and civilize this place. My trophy husband coaches a high school lacrosse team and they are always amazed at what he can do because they've never really seen it played before.

I attended Syracuse University which has been playing lacrosse forever and pretty much rocks at it. Last night I met a guy on my husband's team who also went to SU and played lacrosse there (well I didn't play lacrosse, the also is to demonstrate that while he went to SU he also played lacrosse). He lived in the apartment next to mine while I was there. We chatted. We talked East stuff. It was great. Most of the time I love living here in Utah, but sometimes I miss being from the East and when I chat with a fellow SU alum, I miss it a little more.

He invited us to a kegger Friday night which we laughed at...why is it funny? Kegs are illegal in Utah. When I was a student at SU, Sabastino's delivered kegs to my house.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kegs are illegal? I had *no idea*!

Unknown said...

Kegs are illegal. Some legislator got a bug up his bum in the early 90s and you can't have a kegger in Utah.

Eris said...

Check the record - I'll bet the "Save Our Children from Kegs" law passed comfortably.