Wednesday, August 16, 2006

the Duchess is Crazy Technology

Today I spent hours designing stuff for my students. I won't link to those pages from here since I try to protect my anonymity a little bit (god forbid students find my private blog...that would be hell) so if you'd like to see it, send an email and I will send it out.

I have a website that has links for all sorts of fun stuff: internships, College Democrats, Pi Sigma Alpha, job opportunities, etc etc. I have a website for each class I teach. So I have a website for Campaigns and Elections that has a picture of Senator Hatch getting a haircut in a barber shop in Brigham City (would be sweet except the pic has the mirror in the background that shows the 20 or so staffers who I guess go along to watch him get his hair cut). I have a website for my Honors Government class that has this fantastic mural of the founding fathers. All of my syllabi are available on these websites (and thank you so much Captain America for your help on those syllabi!) I also have a blog so that students can check in and see what's up. Check on changes and chat with each other.

The Duchess is a techno-teacher...smile. Back in the day when I was a pup in undergraduate I had to actually go to my professor's office...shudder (um, I think I went to office hours maybe like 4 times my entire stay at SU, because, as earlier links describe, I really went to college to party and not to kiss ass)

just for something else to think about
I have a Dell laptop. I am now convinced it is going to explode and burn down my house.

2 comments:

Eris said...

I visited you in the office all the time. I much prefer the face-to-face "your paper is mediocre and deserves a C+, at best" to the email version.

PS - Please keep a fire extinguisher and your Rosary close by whenever you use that death trap.

Unknown said...

:)
I am trying to decide how a rosary would defend me from my laptop exploding...maybe the blessed virgin would just show up and blow out the flames, kind of like Superman...I am sure I am going to hell for even thinking that...