Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Hallelujah!! Aaron Sorkin is Back

I love Studio 60. I love Matthew Perry. I love Josh ... I mean whatever the hell his new name is now. I love the redheaded dude from 30 something. I love Amanda Peet. I love Studio 60.

Thank God we have someone on television, well for that matter, anywhere, who is willing to fight back. Today I sat through a 40 minute lesson about how everything that was wrong with the world was either George McGovern's fault or Gore's fault for not accepting the results of elections. Oh and also the liberal media which only covers the problems in Iraq because controversy sells. Whatever the hell that meant. I sat there and listened. I sat there and had my students listen. Doing good for our community. I was so bummed about it all. (and I didn't even yell, what in the m-f hell planet are you from?) I couldn't even work up a good laugh about it. And then, tonight, I watched Studio 60 on my Tivo (oh yes, thank God as well for Tivo) and was re-enthralled with the possibilities. To take on that stupid 700 Club (who, by the way, claimed that Dover, PA was being punished by God for their votes...ummm, accept results of elections...hmmm?) in the first episode! To have a major character be a Christian and thus offer some counterpoint. To have it be television to offer some relief to this droning, nagging discontent that seems to pervade all of political discourse.

Thank you, Mr. Sorkin, for coming back and offering us some new stuff to talk about. Absolutely fabulous!

No comments: