Sunday, September 17, 2006

You can Get Anything you Want

at Alice's Restaurant

I love this song. It brings back happy memories. Yes, actually happy memories from my life before now. Doesn't seem possible that I had any happy memories, but there are some. Generally they are triggered by foods, smells, or songs. My good friend played Alice's Restaurant last night for me. And I just sat and smiled. And I kind of shrugged in time to the music. And I remembered every Thanksgiving and 103.1 the Edge playing Alice's Restaurant at noon. I remembered being in my high school bedroom picking out an outfit for Thanksgiving. Life, while harsh at times, was sometimes good.

And, um, I don't think you should dump that garbage there.

1 comment:

Eris said...

While I have no idea about your song reference, I can say that Pepsi and Granny B sugar cookies will always take me back to high school, sitting in front of my locker with friends, being overly concerned about some adolescent drama...

Man, I miss the cookies.