Sunday, July 22, 2007

Harry Potter Spoiler Alert

DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED HP7.

Just wanted to gloat. I made two predictions early, one after the 5th book and one after the 6th book and I was correct in both cases.

  1. Snape was never evil because he was in love with Lily, his love for her caused him to run to Dumbledore when he realized the evil one was going after the Potter family.
  2. Harry was the final horcrux.
To all my naysaying friends who thought my predictions were wrong...in the words of the immortal Nelson from the Simpsons...ha ha.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Heh. Yes. You were right.

Eris said...

Um, I also made those two predictions. I would like to gloat that I predicted after book 6 that Neville would play a large role in Voldemort's downfall.

I rock.

I STILL LOVE Fred and George.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Duchess and Eris, I still say Harry was not a horcrux, despite what Dumbledore said. I really think Rowling messed up here. First, as explained in the books, a horcrux was something made purposefully. Second, Riddle's intent was to split his soul into 7 pieces (wasn't it?) not 8. Yes, a piece of Riddle's soul latched on to Harry, but that in and of itself doesn't make Harry a horcrux - at least as far as horcruxes were explained in the books.
I always thought that Harry would come to realize that he had to die in order to kill Riddle (Harry being a horcrux or not), but the way Rowling got around his necessary death I found very unsatisfying.

Eris said...

Picky, picky, picky. I'm not about to argue in that great of detail. He seemed like a Horcrux to me! And, again, Rowling is a freaking genius.

PS - Sorry about the tone of my first comment. It sounded kind of snotty, and I apologize. I do think you were more right than I, in that I never specifically figured Snape was in love with Lily.

As always, I bow to the Duchess.