Sunday, July 01, 2007

I'm a Sucker

I've been completely drawn in to the Princess Diana concert from Wembley Stadium, London on VH1. She died on my 23rd birthday weekend and I remember thinking, this is why I never want to be famous. Just to be clear, I am a real American who thinks royalty is bull and inherited wealth is bad (although I'd like to be in the line that gets Bleinham Palace) and I was never turned on by her whole story while she was alive...I was not really into the fairy tale. But she was kind of a neat lady, I think, doing all the unpopular work and going places other people wouldn't go years before it became fashionable for celebrities to do this work.

Anyway, this is a nice concert. And not too schmultzy and not too sad.

1 comment:

Eris said...

I don't think you're a sucker - I was never really drawn into the Princess Di saga, but I remember being shocked when she died. Also, it is hitting home to me this week that she wasn't much older than you and I are when she died. Tragedy has a way of sucking us all in.

PS - Is "Tomorrow" ok? Have they left Scotland?