Thursday, July 12, 2007

It's Been a While

I have been put on restricted activity/modified bed rest. So there's not much to report as I am very bored...although I have discovered the magic of One Tree Hill, so there's that.

But today something funny and exciting happened so I thought I would relate the story.

We are redoing the baby's room (or making a guest room into a baby room) which includes getting a new carpet. I was told by the carpet people the guy would be here between 9 and 11am. So I rise to get ready around 8am. (just a note of reminder, I have two dogs who hate it when strangers come to the house so any kind of installation is always a real exciting barking moment) 807am the doorbell rings. I am in a white (basically see through) nightgown that barely covers my bum given my pregnant state. I have two big labradors barking to beat the band. I run to the front door. It's the freakin' carpet guy. I have to go out to his truck (in my freakin' nightgown) to sign and check it's the correct carpet (in my nightgown, on the street, with two dogs barking so the whole neighborhood is looking out the window). The dogs bust through the back door, let themselves out and begin to peruse the neighborhood sniffing (this is why my friend Matt said he'll never let his dogs visit my house because I'll ruin their near-perfect training). Now I have to get them back in the house (in my nightgown). I then have to fight with the two labradors who would like to help the man install the carpet (while in my nightgown, while they're barking).

At the end of it all, the carpet looks great. The man was very nice. And I have a reputation for being a crazy mooning woman....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool.

I'll stitch that on a pillow -- "crazy mooning woman."

Eris said...

Sounds like an eventful morning.

Would you like to borrow some seasons of Sex and the City to keep you entertained. We've got to get you over this One Tree Hill thing.