Wednesday, December 02, 2009

High Cholesterol

I have high cholesterol. She gave me a list of numbers and I have no idea what they mean other than my good cholesterol is too low and my bad cholesterol is too high. I asked the nurse if I would die of a heart attack between now and when I go in to talk to my doctor about it and she said no, it wasn't that bad. I have always said that if I had a medical issue I would be much better about exercise and diet - meaning, I am a good patient. Whatever my doctor tells me to do I will do, so if I were to be allergic to sugar, I would never eat it again. That day has come, I have now officially been diagnosed with a problem due to my bad habits. I don't want to die young and I don't want heart disease. So it is time to get my arse in gear and get in shape. 2010 will be the year of getting healthy. No more snacking at night. No more desserts. No more not working out. I plan to beat this cholesterol thing with no drugs - good diet, good exercise, and good behavior.

2 comments:

Muriel said...

Will you please have a chat with my hubby?

The Numismatist said...

Ground flaxseed in grapefruit juice. Mmmmmm.