Thursday, December 03, 2009

Pre School

This is my baby - dressed as a bee on Thanksgiving - because bee costumes are good for Thanksgiving. She is, as people tell me, a character. I fully support her freedom of expression.

Today my husband and I visited her pre-school class to read the children stories. It was kind of like an anthropological visit - to be with the toddlers in their natural environment. And it was fun. First, Paul and I sat in the hallway waiting to go in. The class got back from running around time (I think adults should have this built into their days too, just a 30 minute free for all every day would make lots of people much happier) to head into the classroom for story time. The kids walk back to the room and my baby climbs over every toy on her way. She sees us in the hall, walks right past us saying, hi Daddy and Momma. We follow the class into the room and sit during circle time. She keeps looking at us. Then we read our stories and she claps at the end. Then we all sat in little little chairs and had lunch together. She was great - her friends were great. At one point she tripped and fell into one of the other little girl's lap and said "Sorry Clara." Clara was not muffed at all.

It was quite possibly the most wonderful 60 minutes I have spent yet as a parent.

But my favorite moment was when we were singing we're going on a bear hunt and Clara yelled out to Paul afterward - "good job Daddy!" Apparently he needed a boost...

No comments: