Sunday, May 16, 2010

Grouse grouse grouse SMOOCH

My husband grouses all the time. He grumbles whenever he does something that causes something to be wrong. Now, to be totally fair and give him his due, when I do something wrong he is never angry or frustrated. He always just patiently fixes my mistakes. When he does something wrong, all hell breaks loose. And he grumbles and he grumbles. And I usually laugh at him or point out how he could do it better, which, I assure you, is not the nicest move on my part and is not very helpful.

Tonight the Princess found a much better way to handle the grouse. He launched the screen door off its track while trying to put it back on the track. Grumble grumble grouse grouse - to which I say, "would you like me to do it?" - implying, of course, that I could do it better (again, not very nice and not very helpful). I look out the door and the baby angel runs up, grabs his face by the cheeks and gives him a big kiss. Which results in a big smile.

Much better.

No comments: