Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Baby Girl

My baby girl comes by it honestly. I have fallen asleep reading books my entire life. I think part of the reason I worry about getting an iPad or Kindle is I am sure I will drop it one night.


She loves to dance and sing and play. She never sits still, unless she is not feeling well. If she is sad she tries to smile through it. My favorite memory is her crying when a friend stopped by and she looked at my friend and smiled through her tears - she was about 10 months old, so it's a natural quality she has.

Lately she has begun telling me when I am doing something wrong. She'll say "Momma, you yelled at me" or "Momma, you are yelling at Daddy" and sometimes she'll ask "Momma, what you doing?" And I think to myself, whatever it is I am doing I want it to be something I am fine with her doing. I am becoming much better behaved. I don't swear as much, I don't snap as much, I don't roll my eyes as much - generally, I am becoming a much better person, because I am becoming the person I want my baby girl to be.

No comments: