Wednesday, September 26, 2007

First Shots

The Princess received her first set of shots today. She screamed. I cried. I am going to be a push over of a parent...but I think that's okay. Every time in my life that I was majorly crying I remember my father tearing up as well and I think he was a pretty good dad, so that's okay.

And, hell, I'm glad I don't need to get shots in my thighs ever again!

Addendum: today the Princess had a hard day, what with the shots. Luckily her Grandma Darlene saw fit to make her feel like a Princess by painting her little toe nails...there is clearly something wrong with the world when a Princess gets a pedicure before a Duchess...

3 comments:

Eris said...

You are going to be a great mom. Why? Because - disregarding your personal discomfort - you let a medical professional stick needles in the Princess to KEEP HER HEALTHY. You put her long-term needs ahead of your temporary needs.

Anonymous said...

I can't take credit for the toenails. Eris did the beautiful work while I took photos for her scrapbook.

Grandpa Mike drove over just to hold her for 15 minutes then went back home.

She has a beautiful smile and we love to play with her.

GD

Anonymous said...

She is getting more and more beautiful every day! What a bundle of fun she is!

Eris' Sis

p.s. you ARE a great mom!