Sunday, September 02, 2007

I am That Kind of Mother

Tonight I had dinner with my Utah family and proceeded to demonstrate that I am one of those mothers...
  • She can't eat dinner because she keeps looking at the sleeping baby to make sure she's still breathing
  • She doesn't have a bottle ready because her baby is supposed to eat every 3 hours, not 2 1/2 hours, 3
  • She tells her fabulous friend who has raised two wonderful daughters and helped raise five beautiful grandchildren how to make a bottle
  • She doesn't let anyone touch her baby without the washing of hands
I really don't want to be that kind of mother. I need some gin.

3 comments:

Eris said...

I'm not sure you want to be an "I need some gin" kind of mother either...

You're fabulous!

Unknown said...

I'll supply the gin. And, a Molly. :)

Anonymous said...

Duchess, Tell "Solipsistic Community" he needs to get on with the blogging. I need more to read. And, he needs to rein you in with that baby. I'm coming over and touching her with my dirty hands. That will help you get over being "that kind of mother." Smile.