Thursday, September 13, 2007

Good Friends are New Friends

Tonight I hung out on my deck eating pizza, drinking diet coke and chatting about life with a relatively new very good friend. I don't have any friends from high school...meaning I kind of moved on with my life and blew them off, so I am not one of those girls who has a friend since they were like 5. If I see people from high school I usually think, shit, I haven't seen you in a while, and now I remember why. My very bestest friend is from college, she's the shit and I do keep in touch with her and miss her terribly when I haven't seen her in a while. I kind of thought that that would be it...but since I have come to Utah I have met and surrounded myself with a fabulous group of women. They are wonderful girlfriends and I can forward to a lifetime of chats with all of them. Even though I won't have those ya ya memories (they didn't know me when I first got my period or lost my first love) these memories we make now as adult women are just as important and special to me.

Make new friends and keep the old, one is silver and the other gold...here's to silver

1 comment:

Eris said...

Hey, eventually we'll be gold... and I'll be here to share menopause with you!