Thursday, February 07, 2008

Conference

I am sitting in a dorm room in St. George getting ready to attend a conference tomorrow. Can you imagine that? I am in a DORM ROOM! I am lying in a bed that is very narrow. We are staying in a hostel in an effort to cut costs, and it's adorable! Luckily, I turn on my lappy and the internet worked. I have no idea whose wireless I am on, but I don't really care, I am just happy I can play on the internet if I want to, especially since there is no tv or radio.

I had a great ride down with two women I barely know and one woman who I'd like to know better. What's interesting is one of the women thought I was a student. She said to me, haven't you graduated. I said no. She said when do you graduate? I said, I'm a professor here. She said didn't you used to be a student? I said, no, I got a degree from Albany and Syracuse quite some time ago. She said oh my god, I thought you were a student and were Scott Rogers's protege. I said, no, I am not Scott Rogers's protege......lots of fun for all involved. I laughed and laughed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waitaminute. You're not my protege?

superwaitaminute: we can have proteges?

Unknown said...

WTF?