Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Super Tuesday

Today is Super Tuesday and I am voting for Hillary Clinton, my office assistant says if she wins she's moving to Canada. I highly doubt this is true, but let her be ridiculous if it makes her feel good. Here are my reasons:
  1. She's a woman. For the first time in 220 years we have a viable female candidate. I would like my daughter to grow up in a world that doesn't require you to have a penis to be a leader. And I do not, unlike Michael Savage, think this is an affirmative action election.
  2. She's actually a policy wonk. When you read Hillary Clinton's policy initiatives she actually knows what she's talking about. Her health care policy is light years beyond her Democratic opponents, and seriously she's way ahead of the Republican idiots. She's been thinking about health care for 14 years, she's already had a policy go down in flames, she knows how to negotiate on this particular issue. Never mind that it's better.
  3. She actually shows up for voting. Obama missed 1/3 of his votes and all of the other votes he voted exactly the same as Clinton. I'm not sure how this relates to change if he's exactly the same as Clinton, but I'm not voting for him so I don't have to reconcile that inconsistency.
  4. She is very very very intelligent. She will be very very very good for this country.
Oh yeah, she wants to revoke Don't Ask Don't Tell (it's one of her policy agenda items) which means she's actually a bit further on gay rights than any of her opponents.

3 comments:

Eris said...

Again, you are ignoring the all-important Oprah factor.

Seriously though, do you think she can beat McCain? I'm very skeptical...

Eris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Yes. She can beat McCain. As the economy tanks and the war drags on, any Democrat can beat any Republican.