Sunday, April 06, 2008

Good Day Yesterday

I am trying to lose weight. Other than those four years in high school and the other four years in college, during which time I was very thin because I was working out constantly, I have been trying to lose weight my whole life. I am incorporating working out, trying to emulate what I had while in college and high school, and I am doing weight watchers. I have lost 10% of my body weight, which is the first big goal when you are losing weight. My next goal is to act as though I have just started weight watchers and lose another 10%. From there another 10%, and then another 10% and then I will be as thin as I was in college...odds of my getting there, pretty slim, but those are the goals.

I am pretty proud of myself and feeling good about my progress. It's slow, but I don't see weight watchers as a six month diet, I see it as a way of life and I have no deadlines for getting healthy. Every day that I choose good foods and see a little loss is a healthy day, and that's a good day.

2 comments:

The Numismatist said...

Congratulations on reaching that first big milestone!

Eris said...

Yay for the Duchess! Have a rice cake to celebrate - the Numismatist has lots as they are my usual "treat" while everyone else eats cake!