Tuesday, April 01, 2008

housework



Both our front door and back door locks broke at the same time. Paul said, who cares, we have 2 huge dogs, who is going to rob us? I said, I care. Our friend Scott said, you'll have to hire someone to come because it will be impossible for you to do. I said, fine.

I took myself to the Home Depot, bought two new door knobs, and installed them. Please take a look at my fabulous skill in fixing our doors. It took me one hour to do both.

I know I have to paint the back door, clearly, but I will get to that in May when maybe I do the whole kitchen. But at least now the door closes, which is a plus!

3 comments:

Eris said...

You are an amazing woman. I cooked dinner the other night.... on the stove. Tis the season for new experiences, I guess!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

And, um, in my defense, I thought your doors were like mine, with the knob and deadbolt all in one big piece that will never line up properly with notches in the doorjamb.

Well done, Duchess!

Unknown said...

Smile.