Thursday, November 06, 2008

My Baby

So yesterday I put the Princess down for a nap. I hear, after a lengthy suspicious silence, the 15 month old equivalent of "WOO HOO" and I run in to her room. I think, with the help of Hobbes, she takes off her cast and launches it across her bedroom. I stand there for half a minute and think, can I just shove it back on? Call the doctor when reason prevails and off we go to the hospital. She's dancing and singing and thrilled. She sees the cast doctor and screams for 20 minutes straight. They put a new cast on her, above the elbow.

I love parenting a mischievous Princess.

But I'm exhausted.

4 comments:

Eris said...

I'm pretty sure I would have said "Woo Hoo!" as well.

Show off.

Just Casi said...

That's the greatest story I have ever heard.
Ever.

The Numismatist said...

And if she gets this one off, full body cast? I love that she screamed for 20 minutes, especially since she didn't cry much when she broke it. Is this the first look at an emerging temper?

Hopefully she won't give Littlest any ideas. Those two are in cahoots all the time.

Unknown said...

Oh - I am sure she is planning on how to get this off and that Dory is a crucial part of that plan. And she clearly knows what she wants and what she doesn't want and she yells at us - definite temper!!!