Friday, January 19, 2007

Benefits and Costs of Being 5 foot 3

Today was boot camp day, so off I go with my girlfriend at 6am to be abused.

We begin with weight lifting, which generally I can do relatively easily but I pay for it the rest of the day (it's hard to type as we focused on arms and shoulders). Then we head down to the gym to do this long obstacle course. Sooo, we start with jumping up stairs, running over a bridge, down stairs, 2 fast laps around the track. I can't really do the jumping, for some reason I almost always trip, so I just run the stairs. This tall guy was jumping rather slowly in front of me and taking up half of the stair, so I ran under his elbow (BENEFIT) which made him laugh. I mean, this guy towers over me, I kind of look like a hobbit, so it wasn't too invasive in his space. Run run run.

Then we do this obstacle course which entails ski jumping, jumping on stands, going over a wall, tiger running, bear running, shuffles (which is always very entertaining to watch). Off we go and the third stand we are supposed to jump up on from a dead stand, so no room to build up momentum, reaches to my upper thigh (COST) so I kind of climb up and over it. My girlfriend, who is much taller than I am, jumps these with ease and then runs over the wall...I mean she runs over the wall. My legs aren't really long enough to reach the second step on the wall, so I have to climb over it (COST).

But it was exhilerating, even if I do look a little Samwise...smile

No comments: