Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My Cat's on Prozac

Yes, I have a cat who is on prozac. Apparently he is so stressed about his life, what with all the napping and eating and chasing dark matter about, that he needs to go on prozac. How do we know he's stressed? He's taken to eating his fur off his body. Paul thinks he's cute and we should just allow him his insanity without medicinal intervention, but I feel like maybe he's in real pain and we should be helping him. And our new vet, the fabulous Dr. Klar, has recommended it, so I trust him and I agree.

We have to get a prozac compound that we will rub into his ears. As neither of us particularly needs prozac, we need to wear gloves while we do this.

Have I lost my mind? Maybe I need the prozac.

2 comments:

Eris said...

I am laughing so hard right now! Mabel was on Prozac for 18 months when she was a puppy. She too was tearing out all her fur, but she would also chase her tail forever trying to catch it so she could tear out the fur.

A drug rep at my mom's office explained that Prozac was originally meant for animals - so he got us some low-dose samples and we wrapped them in cheese. Our vet was very impressed.

We weened her off when she was 2, and she is a perfectly well-balanced dog now. So, maybe your cat is in need of temporary assistance.

You, on the other hand, should have a complete psychiatric work up.

Unknown said...

Poor Hector.

I have to say that BSG was not the same without y'all. Damn them for putting it on Sunday night.

Hopefully, you'll see improvement in a few weeks.

And, of course, I'm here to help.