Monday, May 14, 2007

Lawn Care

My husband is supposedly the great lawn care expert. He spent years working at ChemLawn so he knows all the badness of fescue grass and crabgrass and the differences between stuff that looks green but apparently doesn't count as grass. He's very good.

But I feel the need to pick on him a bit here. For the past two weeks he has been stomping around the yard (picking out the fescue grass while stomping) and complaining about how there is no water on our street. He is annoyed, he is angry. "The city will have to reimburse us for our yard when all our grass dies." This quote is interspersed with many swear words. He spent an hour setting up sprinklers that run off our home water and making sure they were getting coverage to all parts of the lawn.

Then yesterday, he turns on the valve that allows water to our house, which apparently it hadn't occurred to him to open two weeks ago. He then looks somewhat sheepish and says, we have water. I say, didn't this happen last year? He just kind of smiles.

I am reminded of the time we bought a subwoofer for him and he and my father were trying to install it and I came into the room and they both said, we need a cord with two heads, the one we have is wrong, I look at the cord and say, aren't these two heads? to which they respond, oh yeah....

1 comment:

Eris said...

Hey, at least he LOOKS good.