Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Learning the Truth

Some of you may be aware I have been dealing with a surgerized puppy the last couple of weeks. This means he has to be under constant surveillance. A number of my friends have said, good practice for the parasite that is coming. I said, true true. Well, last night I learned something about my spouse that does not bode well for marital happiness post parasite arrival.

Hobbes decided at 230am to bust out of his confinement, let himself around the house and then lick his incision line for about 2 hours. I wake up instantly when he busts out. I stumble out of bed (mind you I am in my third trimester so when I say stumble, I freakin' mean it) and follow him around. A bit of a tussle ensues during which my other puppy, Mac, declares he will sleep in the confinement spot perfectly (why can't he have been the one with the surgery, he'd be so much easier to deal with?!?) and Hobbes declares he will sleep on the bed (btw, he can't jump on furniture). I deal with all of this in the pitch black so as to not disturb my husband who has been SNORING through this whole thing. I then proceed to sit on the floor with Hobbes for 2 hours convincing him that licking is not really in his best interest (husband, snoring) and to please just go back to sleep.

I finally get back to sleep at 430am, but not before I note the indisputable fact that my husband will NEVER wake up in the night with the baby. Clearly a water pistol is needed to break him of that unattractive habit.

3 comments:

Eris said...

Good luck. You're fighting thousands of years of evolution with this one, baby.

The rule in our house: if it involves vomit, the light goes on and everyone helps. Other than that, I'm on my own.

Unknown said...

Are you kidding?!? Even if you are the full time working partner? No way man, I will fight evolution with the Lysistrata method...

Unknown said...

Oh dear.