Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Puppy Update

Hobbes came out of his surgery just fine. My vet, Dr. E., said I had done a very good job of getting him in very quickly. Apparently most pet parents wait about 2 months before they get in for the surgery. As a result, his knee was not damaged at all and the surgery went well. My husband picks him up today at 2pm. Then the following rules begin.
  • No running.
  • No jumping.
  • No playing with Mac.
  • No going outside without a leash.
  • No walking.
  • No stairs (um, how we're supposed to accomplish this I have NO idea since we have a two level house and we live in both levels).
All of this for 6-8 weeks. Dr. E. said they wouldn't really release him until August 8th and that he couldn't do a real hike until October. So this means for the last three months of my pregnancy (the fattest and most awkward moments of my life) I will be taking care of a dog who in summer would like to be swimming and running and hiking while also taking care of a dog who will expect swimming and running and hiking. What was looking to be a very long summer looks like it is going to be even longer.

2 comments:

Eris said...

Hooray for successful surgery! Couple things: 1. Can he still display his affection for Mach? 2. If you need help puppy-sitting say the word - I'll be happy to come take Mach out for some exercise.

Give him our love!

Unknown said...

I'm so happy to hear that Hobbes is OK.

Let me know what I can do to help.