Sunday, January 06, 2008

The Juice

On New Year's I decided to drop the juice. I am no longer drinking diet coke. For those of you who know me, you understand this is my one vice (other than eating too much dessert) so this is a big deal. On January 2nd I called a friend who I know doesn't drink soda and I said, what do you drink? She said water, lots of water. I've stuck to it, basically because I won't let Elizabeth have soda and it doesn't seem fair to me that she can't and I can. If I am going to make healthy food choices for my daughter (and hopefully spare her the years of weight battle I have been engaged in) then I need to also make them for myself. I had crazy headaches for the first 3 days, one was so bad I had to nap through it to survive. I've been drinking ounces and ounces of water.

Interestingly, today when I hopped on the scale I had dropped 4 lbs since Tuesday. If it is the case that diet coke makes it more difficult to lose weight, I will be really pissed. The only reason I drink it is because when I was a young dieter I needed something I could order out with friends that had no calories. But it feels good, so no more diet coke!

4 comments:

athena said...

I am feeling your pain, literally. I have dropped all carbonated and alcohol drinks too!

I warned all the people around me that I might not be a very nice person for a few weeks and that they need to just freakin' deal with it!

Unknown said...

Well wait a minute, no one said anything about the alcohol...smile...

The Numismatist said...

You should try grapefruit juice. Mmmmmmm.

Eris said...

I'm pulling for you. The carbonation drop last year was brutal. I am now unhappily off the wagon....