Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Political Rant Coming

The other day I was standing in the hallway chatting with colleagues, one of whom said (as though we all agreed) Glenn Beck said now you liberals know why we all hate the Clintons. I've been chewing this over in my brain since the comment was made because I can't figure out why we hate the Clintons. "Liberals" supposedly hate them...of course liberals tell me I'm a conservative which often makes me chuckle. Nothing cracks me up more than a non-political scholar telling me my politics as though I didn't understand what liberal and conservative was...but that's an entirely different tangent. Anyway - here's my list of possible reasons why "we liberals" hate the Clintons:
  1. 8 years of economic growth where the poor didn't get screwed in every tax cut
  2. health care that would have made all these children health care policies unnecessary
  3. making the military stop bouncing homosexuals
  4. the biggest scandal was the president got a blow job
  5. no wiretapping
  6. no enron - BTW it was Clinton who put into place the rules which prevented that from happening
  7. worldwide acclaim for economic security as a way of handling international affairs rather than national security
  8. surpluses that helped pay down the debt
  9. no ridiculous wars
  10. policy wonkiness rather than charisma being the currency of politics
Oh, no, wait, I just can't seem to hate them enough. Let me hate them more for all this badness they brought to the world and vote for someone who keeps saying he has vision but never actually says what that vision is...but hey, he's charismatic, right?

2 comments:

Eris said...

I'm a liberal who doesn't hate the Clintons either. But what Oprah says goes, so I'm voting Obama!

Anonymous said...

You may want to re-assess #3. What part of "Don't ask, don't tell" means stop bouncing homosexuals? As much as I love Bill, he chickened out on this one. And, for someone who has a major problem with cheating spouses, why doesn't #4 give you a little more pause? He should have just owned up to the best blow job he ever received. Go Altoids!