Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Body

This week I finally weighed less than I did when I got pregnant a year and a half ago. So, basically, I am back to the weight I was when I had gained more weight than ever after a surgery two years ago. I have lost 23 pounds. Which doesn't sound like much, but for me, it is. I love to eat and unfortunately I have no tragic allergies to wheat or yeast or whatever all the skinny people have. So, I fight every day not to eat great food.

This week I start boot camp with a girlfriend. Time to kick it up a notch and have exercise play a larger role in my weight loss. I enjoy exercise, problem was I was so big I was worried about having a heart attack with anything too intense, but now I'm back to a place where I can actually do high powered aerobic exercise and my heart won't explode. I'll probably still turn purple, but I won't die from it. So, Sharon (gorgeous, tall, skinny friend of mine...I need to get some more fat, short, ugly friends to make myself feel better...strike that, I need to any fat, short, ugly friend) and I are going at 6am Tues, Thurs, Fri to boot camp. 8 weeks. Results guaranteed. If I can lose 15 pounds doing this I will be back to the weight of grad school (which is still way more than undergrad, but way less than post-pregnancy) and all my clothes will fit again.

But, 6 am is going to SUCK!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes. Yes it is.

Eris said...

Wait, there's a 6 A.M.?!?! I'll be praying for you.

Oh, and FYI, the wheat allergy thing was a nice touch. People like that have a name: STARVING!