Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Shin Splints?!?

Boot camp has delivered another punch: shin splints. I haven't had shin splints since the 9th grade when I really hurt myself running in track practice. Since then I have avoided any kind of fierce running, now I remember why. 99% of boot camp is running and 67% of that is sprinting. SPRINTING! Seriously, are 32 year old women supposed to be sprinting?

Note to self: don't wear 4 year old cross trainers to a boot camp that is 99% running, wear the brand new running shoes you bought over the summer in an attempt to kick start your exercise.

Oh, and, I am 32. Now I can actually swear...nice fat f-words and c-words...and I am exercising with a bunch of Mormons who look at me like I am the antichrist when I say "!@#$%" at the end of a particularly tough sprint up hill. Well, hell, I am going to swear anyway and if I happen to say something that seems like it is anatomically impossible, deal with it!

3 comments:

Eris said...

Shin splints are sad. Try walking on your heels to warm them up.

PS - I have always said you are the f***ing Shakespeare of filthy words.

Unknown said...

Shin splints HURT!

I have exercises to help, heal, and prevent. (Seriously.)

Unknown said...

I need to do something to warm them up, clearly, so Shelley, send me an email with them (I know you told me, but I was in such a funky mood I didn't remember) so I can get better...and not be such a wuss...see today's post...smile