Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Boot Camp Rocks!

Okay, so 6am did suck, but boot camp was fantastic. I arrived to pick up my devastatingly beautiful friend Sharon (who I think looks like the lead actress in Gray's Anatomy and she was told that today by our boot camp instructor as well so I have some evidence that I am correct) at 525am. Yes it's dark. Yes not even God is awake yet. We drive over to the club, which Sharon cannot find in the dark, so it takes us a little while.

We run for 10 minutes. We then do all sorts of strange circuit training things like the football string exercise and ski jumping around cones and hurling a medicine ball at each other. This is sporadically interrupted by running for a lap or two. Then we do a million sit ups and get our body fat weighed. UGH.

Well, I didn't need to have my body fat measured to know that I have body fat. But what I discovered was very interesting, apparently I have so much muscle mass that I will have 0 - 1% body fat at 130 pounds. This means that when I weighed 125 pounds in high school and college and thought I was fat because my friends weighed 115 pounds, I was actually super skinny. In fact, I had no fat at all. Too bad I didn't know that then, those bouts of bulemia could have been avoided, and I might have actually worked to keep it off. But, I'm on the way to a new, fitter, more fabulous Duchess. And my instructor says it's not impossible for people to lose 20 pounds, so may Christmas will be fantastic!

Go Weight Watchers! Go boot camp! Size 5's, here I come...now do I still have those really skinny jeans???

No comments: